Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Another one Bites the Dust


Oh, how I love this photo. I saw a portrait-sized enlargement of it in the home of Mrs. Juanita Porter, in Kentucky.

Her husband's family has been prominent in the area for generations; when the one-room school across from their house was replaced, they had the little building moved to the property near their barn--hence the Schoolhouse quilt block.

When I saw this photo, I immediately contacted the photographer, who was gracious enough to grant the rights to it. OH, how I hated to lose this one. But there wasn't much more to the story than what I have written here, so despite the beauty of the photo, it didn't make the cut. I did manage to go from 156 photos down to 86, which was mighty painful!

This was the first time I saw tobacco hanging in a barn with a quilt block on it. It's hard to think of tobacco as beautiful, but at least as part of a barn quilt photo it is!
.Barn quilt calendar 2011barn quilts quilt trail

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fan of tobacco use either but there's something about it drying in a barn that is nostalgic and attractive to me. Lovely photo and story.

    ReplyDelete